Challenge Yourself - Dress With Only 33 Items In Your Closet For 3 Months
Courtney Carver founded Project 333 for the first time in 2010. The premise of her movement was to create a capsule closet that requires people to use 33 items of clothing or less within 3 months. Surprisingly, people who tried her challenge found that they reduced their expenses and reassessed their expectations of what made them happy. This 'minimalism movement' has motivated people to make do with less.
The rules are as follows:
- Every three months you get 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- Not included is underwear, sleepwear, in-home lounge wear & work out clothing.
- Store the remainder of your closet in a box and don't touch for 3 months.
Check out the capsule closet below for inspiration.
Courtney recommends the following tips for first timers:
- Work with your favourite pieces of clothing first in order to build your capsule wardrobe.
- Consider what will fit the season and what you love to wear.
- Try writing out an inventory list of your 33 items.
- Stick to well-fitting basics rather than buying trendy styles.
- Keep a few signature pieces like sunglasses, jackets and shoes.
Find out more at www.bemorewithless.com or check out the P333 Community Pinterest board.
Are you up for the challenge? Share your experience with us!