10 Simple Ways To Make Your Home Smell Amazing
There is nothing more pleasing than a sweet-smelling home. It lifts the spirits and rejuvenates the senses. Try these simple tips and you will have a great smelling home in no time.
1. Perfumed candles
Candles can add a delicious scent to your room as well as being a modern decorative feature. If you really want to splurge, Jo Malone and Yankee Candles have a great range of scented candles to choose from.
2. Fragranced sachets
Fragranced sachets are highly versatile and can be used to make anything or anywhere smell great. I hang the sachets in my closet, tuck them in my linen cupboard and also place them in my gym bag. @home has a good variety of sachets.
3. Scented drawer liners
Drawer liners can be used to keep your clothes and linen smelling sweet. Mr Price Home sells affordable drawer liners.
4. Room diffusers
Essentials oils diffuse through reed sticks to give your home a fresh aroma that is long-lasting. Room diffusers can also provide a modern touch like the gold stained diffuser from @home.
5. Fresh lavender
Fresh lavender is available at most flower shops and can simply be placed within the home. The fragrance of lavender is a soothing smell that has a certain calming effect.
6. Incense sticks
Incense sticks release a fragrant smoke when burned. Burning incense sticks is also an effective way to channel positive energy, beat stress and revive the senses. Mr Price has a range of incense sticks to choose from.
7. Room / linen spray
Refresh the air in the room by using a quality room spray.
8. Soap bar
Soap bars are a cheap alternative to drawer liners and fragranced sachets. They can be placed amongst clothing and linens to keep them smelling fresh and clean.
Potpourri is a mixture of dried plant material, spices and essential oils. Potpourri can be tied in small sheer sachets and placed amongst clothes to give a fresh scent.
10. Cedar blocks
Cedar blocks infuse linen cupboards, closets and suitcases with the forest-fresh aroma of natural cedar wood. Cedar blocks also prevent insect larvae from infesting and devouring wool, linen, cotton and many other fabrics.
Home Fragrance Mood Board
1. Lime, basil & mandarin room spray from Jo Malone
2. Beeswax candles by faithful-to-nature
3. Jasmine sachet from @home
4. Ultra sound diffuser egg available from @home
5. Serenity oil burner from Mr Price Home
6. Catalytic lamp – Millefiori from @home
7. Dark amber & ginger lily home candle from Jo Malone
8. Jasmine scented drawer liners at Mr Price Home
9. Mandarin potpourri – Mr Price Home
10. White & gold diffuser from @home
11. Vanilla incense sticks available at Mr Price Home
12. Soft cotton sachet - @home
13. Jasmine soap bar – Mr Price Home
14. Vanilla & wood room spray – Millefiori available from @home
15. Spiced orange Yankee Candle